Tuesday 24 April 2012

Charlotte's Ely expedition


So, i've been submerged in my research for my current project and I havn't really had chance to start shooting.
I'm looking at Medieval, Gothic and Renaissance Christian Art as 'The Church' is my chosen theme - we had to choose between the church, the suit and vodka for our brief. So over Easter I took a little trip to my local, magnificent cathedral in Ely.
I went by myself and ended up taking the tour. Amongst families and elders, I stuck out like a sore thumb.
However, I could now tell you more facts about Ely Cathedral than I could about anything else.
Ely Cathedral is very beautiful and if you're in the area, I definitely suggest you take a visit.

Please excuse, these are just snapshots for sketchbook purposes. 













An Artist called Anneke Kaai was exhibiting at Ely Cathedral; Her work shown was a series of surreal painting images inspiring by her christianity.
You can find her work here



I simply just did not understand the above sign.
- Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment