Monday 2 April 2012

Touching the Void

Charlotte Simpson: New-found Mountaineer Extraordinaire. 


For someone who is scared of heights & hates rock climbing, climbing the highest mountain in England isn't exactly one of my favourite past times.
I was, however, persuaded to spend last weekend in the Lake District to climb 3209ft up to the summit of Scafell Pike. Although at times I found it very hard (In particular, when I had to ascend a rock face by 'scrambling' up it) it was a brilliant experience that I will no doubt do again.
I took my Pentax P30 & captured some of the beautiful scenery. I believe I went to the Lake District when I was younger but I was too young to remember how beautiful & quaint it really is.

Sadly my film got a bit 'stressed' apparently, so the images aren't great & don't do the scenery justice but hey!
Click on the images to view properly!






Sadly we were amongst clouds when we were at the peak.


At some point around midday on Saturday, 31st March 2012... I was the highest person in England.


I've still got half a roll of film in my camera from the weekend so i'll possibly add some more soon. I'm going to Blackpool this week, so i'm sure i'll finish the film off while i'm there. 


- Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment